DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SQL*LOADER

Hybrid View

Unhappy

Hi again,
    I am trying to extract info from five tables in the same DATABASE and insert it into an empty table i created. When I try to run sqlldr from my ms-dos it asks me for control=, this should be my control file. In short can somebody help me from here on or point me to the right direction.
    I have a select statement - it works
    I have the syntax for the control file - it looks good
    What do I do next?

It may not good for the Oracle.
    check your contro file.

Good luck

Forget sqlldr. You can create that table using a "create table as select" (CTAS) statement. For example, let us suppose you have two tables such as emp and dept. emp has a dept field. You want to make one table which contains all this data.

create table empdept as select e.id, e.empname, e.deptno, d.deptname from emp e, dept d where e.deptno=d.deptno;

kmesser is right, the easiest way would be to use a "create table X as..." statement.

However, to answer your earlier question, all you need to do is put the parameter line argument control=.

If you are unsure of SQL Loader parameters, just type SQLLDR (or whatever the executable name is, depending on DB version) at the command line (without any parameters) and it will bring up some help text that explains all of the parameters.

Good luck!