DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sequence No. updation!

Unhappy

HI all,

Well I have a strange kind of problem wiht me! Please help me to sort this thing.
    On Forms 6, oracle forms! I have a Master form with 2 details of it and the relation between is given on a field int_no in the master forms and details as well.
    1) I am able to insert data in all of the table but when i query it again i just see the data inserted in the master table!!! After searching alot i found out the int_no in the details table is not getting updated from the master forms int_no!
    2)The property of the int_no in details forms are set to COPY VALUE FROM :MAIN.INT_NO
    3) When ever i query DBA_SEQUENCES after passing the transaction i dont see the next val of the sequence changes!!!
    4) There is a trigger on the save button which is selecting the next val from of the sequence in the :MAIN.INT_NO!!
    5)The :MAIN.INT_NO get the next val from the sequence!!!

-I have dropped and re-created the sequnce and check every possiable way to solve this problem but no results still the same thing~~
    -I have given the join on DB level, after that i get an error of UNABLE TO INSERT DATA but the is getting in inserted in all of the table and even i am able to query it!!!!!none of the inserted values are missing!!!!

Hi,
    Its difficult to understand the problem by reading it. Try using when_create_record trigger at block level .
    How big is the form if its not too big then you send it to me on akhil_chandak@yahoo.com. I will try to solve it and send it back to you.

thankx.
    When the going gets tough, the tough gets going

The form won't always manage that foreign key insertion properly. Consider manually inserting it into the child rows.

How are you "checking the next value of the sequence"? Are you doing a select myseq.nextval from dual?

Hey

Write a Pre-Insert trigger in the detail block and assign the master value to the detail item..

Vijay.s