DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Session Error

Exclamation

Hi all,
    I am connected to the Oracle Server using SPX protocol,
    after connection is established successfully, and when trying out some SQL queries, an Oracle error "#03113: End of file on communication Channel " is displayed and my session is terminated, my network is fine, can you tell me what might be the problem, i went through the Oracle doc., for the error message, but i am not able to arrive at any conclusion, i am also connected to another Oracle server using a TCP/IP protocol this works fine.
    Thanks

There are many known reasons for this error. Plz refer to the docs. related to this error on Metalink.

It's more likely related to a logical error in your code than any network problem. I've seen this when a user improperly manages memory resources even in SQL*PLUS, such as cursor processing or PL/SQL tables. Halo has good advice. Check Metalink.

Hi halo & kmesser,
    the statments i use are basic select statements, just try tried to get the count of records some basic stuff like that, i dont know where the memory comes into play, can u tell me what do you mean by Metalink

Oracle maintains a large online help system called metalink. http://metalink.oracle.com

Check some of these metalink document numbers:

Good luck!