DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Applying patch

Applying patch

database version: 9.2.0.1
    patch: 9.2.0.5

Ok guys I'm stumped and I figured before I open a tar I'd give it a shot.

I've just installed a fresh copy of 9i and I'm wanting to patch it up to the latest version of 9i.
    I run the installer, and it asks me where I want to install the product. Normally, the path for the product is my $ORACLE_HOME which is apart of setting up the enviornment however, this time it's not. It's putting in $HOME/orahome and when I change it to the $ORACLE_HOME it says that there's already an $ORACLE_HOME in that directory and I must choose a different location.

What gives?

I know for a fact all my enviornmental settings are working cause an echo on all of them returns valid settings.

*note when installing this patch you must use the installer that is supplied with it.. version 10.1.

Thanks!
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

I have found that you need to install the 10g installer in the 9i home and then launch the 10g installer from the 9i home to install the patch if that helps
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

you should give same name,(you might have choosen some name above path)which u used during the 9.2.0.1 installation, then it will accept the $ORACLE_HOME.