DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle applications 11.5.2

Thumbs up

First of all ,let me thanks Uday and the entire dbasupport.com for their efforts.

I have installed oracle applications 11.5.2 on sun solaris 2.6, single user,single node,vision demo database on test machine.

I will be doing post installation steps tomorrow.

If anybody has already done this installation(be it test or production), can u share some of the problems and solutions with me?

I will also come up with questions. I find this forum the best as the guys are awesome and problems can be fixed quickly.

thanks

Yenni,

I have only installed 11.5.1 and then upgraded to 11.5.3. but there should not be any major issues with 11.5.2 either unless you run into some silly mistakes in the vision demo data.

Post your problems here and we will try to help you

uday

Hi Uday and the rest ,

I have installed oracle applications 11.5.2 on sun solaris 2.6, single user,single node,vision demo database on test machine. This is a fresh installation.

I have a user oracle.

I started post installation steps.
    I ran VIS.env for oracle8i Enterprise edition(1) as oracle user.
    I dint do the same as applmgr since i had not created applmgr user. Is it necessary?

1)Next step tells me to update APPLFULL and APPSHAR variables by running adadmin
    If i execute adadmin i get an error ld.so.1: ./adadmin: fatal: libclntsh.so.1.0: open failed: No such file or derectory
    killed

2) is it necessary to identify/create pl/sql log and out directories and enter it in utl_fil_dir in init.ora? i saw that ithas been assigned a /usr/tmp by default in init.ora

pls advice on the above issues
    thanks

you are getting this error because your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is incorrect. I had the same problem myself.