DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sql*plus gives ORA-00600

I have inherited an instance of Oracle 8.1.7 on Sun Ultra II runnin Solaris 5.8.

when I try to run sqlplus from the unix prompt (the server) I get the ORA-00600 internal error code with a bunch of %s arguments.
    But when I access the database from sqlplus on my client (Win 98 m/c) I am able to connect and work.

when I run the status command in lsnrctl, I get "TNS-01150- address of listner is incorrect" and "NL-00305 - the specified path does not exist "errors.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ashu

Check your tnsnames.ora file and make sure that listener information had been set correctly. Also the environment setup and make sure that ORACLE_HOME, PATH, CLASSPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, TNS_ADMIN are all had been set up coorectly.

In the mean time just curious to know, whether the SUN is your server or is another client. If it were to be an another client, then set the TWO_TASK to be your sid.

Sam

Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Hi,
    Basically any ORA600 series error refers to critical errors, which may lead to usable or unusable database. Better consider rectifying this stage which requires alertSID.ora file to review the error in detail
    A Winner never Quits, A Quitter never Wins
    Ganesh .R