DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HP-UX 11.0 patches fro Oracle 8.1.6

Does anybody on this list can provide me a list of patches/patchset required to install Oracle 8.1.6 on HP-UX 11.0 (32 bit) version?

On Oracle metalink it says this version is certified to use with HP-UX 11.0 , but i am not sure whether still we require the patches or not. The patch set which are mentioned on metalink is an year old, and i didn't find any latest updates on this.

And on my CD the Oracle version is mentioned as just 8.1.6, but other 2 last digits which were suppose to be there are not present. Can we interpret this as 8.1.6.0.0?. Pl treat as urgent.
    Thanx,
    Deenu Param

Post Oracle 8i on HPUX11

I too faced the same problem when I installed Oracle 8i on HPUX 11.
    U need to load the patches as mentioned in the link give below
    [url]http://www.unix.hp.com/java/infolibrary/patches.html[/url]

this will give u the list of patches and download the patches from HP site and also install Java.
    Once u r thru with this u should be able to Install Oracle on HPUX 11.

All the best
    Regards
    Alkesh

Hi,

Does this include upgrading of database? Is there a need to install all the patches for upgrade of database from version 815 to 816 too?

Thanks!

Hi
    These in regard to only installation, so I dont think so u require these patches when u upgrade the database.Cause if u u had installed 8.1.5 on HPUX11 u must have applied the patches that time.
    U can check the same using swlist on HPUX

Regards
    Alkesh