DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions on OMS

Question

We have installed ORACLE on a server. It is being used as the back end for an enterprise document management application.

I'm unsure if a repository has been setup on this server. How can I check this? currently the document management application works fine, so obviously it has not had any problems interacting with ORACLE. Does this imply that a repository has been setup?

The trouble that I'm having is that I'm unable to get into OEM. For what little I know there could be several reason, correct me here,
    1. The repository has not been setup
    2. Certain environment variables are missing

If I go ahead and create a repository, will it overwrite the old one, if one exists? I have to be careful since I don't want to disable the document management application.

Any good book suggestions for me are very welcomed!

Thanks,
    Moshe Solomon

OMS

When you try to go into OEM do you get a message about the Management Server not being started? If so, you need to
    create a respository via Configuration Manager,start the Management Server (via Services on NT), then sign on to OEM using sysman/oem_temp as the administrator/password. OEM prompts you to change the password at this point.
    The OEM_REPOSITORY is listed under the ORADATA folder.
    You can check first to see if there is an entry there before adding a second one.

Question

There were 2 ORADATA folders found in,

d:\oracle\oradata
    ...\myrepos
    ......\archive
    ...... *.DBF, *.CTL
    d:\oracle\ora81\Oradata
    ...\sample
    ...... no content

I suspected that there was a repository setup. So, the question remains as to why I cannot get into OEM.

Does the OEM start OMS when first starting?

When I try to login into OEM, I specified the username/passowrd as sysman/oem_temp and under management server I put the NT server name.

The error I got was "Unadble to connect to servername"

When I try to start OMS prior to logging into OEM, I get the following error "The system cannot find the environment option that was entered".

Did I specify the incorrect Management Server when attempting to log into OEM?

Thanks,
    Moshe

Open your dos prompt and go to your $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory or just execute "emca" this would open the enterprise manager configuration assistant and would walk you through the repository creation.

Then you can start the OMS as just typing

oemctrl start oms
    or you can go to your services and change the start option as automatic.

Now you are ready to use the OEM, just start the OEM console and give the default user name and password and then you would be asked to change the password and proceed further.

IF you have any problem, pl. let us know.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!