DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: advice from european dba

Talking

hi dba's

recently a comapny in netherlands offered me a dba job could you point me to a website which gives me more information about the information technology scenario in netherlands especially for dba living conditios job oppurtunites etc your advice would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

I spent 6 months working as a DBA in Amsterdam on contract. The Netherlands do not have the concept of 'contracting' as such - you have to work through a company that is registered in the Netherlands.

I found the general level of English speaking to be excellent - to the point that even when I did make some attempt to ask a question in Dutch, I almost always got a reply in perfect English.

There seem to be a lot of UK contractors working over there - I was in an office almost entirely populated by British contractors (with a couple of British people on the books as permies too).

Overall, I would say that it was the most enjoyable contract I have ever worked on - partly due to the general friendly atmosphere in Amsterdam, partly due to the large number of ex-pat British contractors forming quite a sociable group after work.

HTH.

David.

Wink

thankx dave that was quite bit of information .any websites or anyother sources taht could gimme more info on salary's in netherlands saving potential websites or anyother sources of info would be fine

The URL for the web site of the accountants that I used over there is [url]http://www.aame.nl[/url] - unfortunately, their page was not available when I checked just now.

If you do decide to head for the Netherlands, let me know at dave_anthony@hotmail.com, and I'll dig out the name and phone number of the accommodation agency I used to find my flat. I just called them, they arranged to collect me from work one evening, drove me round a selection of flats, and sorted out the contract with the landlord. From speaking to other ppl in the same situation there, the commission that this agency charged was amongst the lowest, as was the security deposit. (From memory, half a month's rent for the commission, a month's rent for refundable deposit).

HTH

David.

[Edited by Dave_A on 03-19-2001 at 09:07 AM]

once again i am greatful to you dave for the info .thanx a lot
    will send you a mail if i decide to go ahead with the proposal and will mail the details to you.hope taht i could look forward to further guidance from you in the near future