Oracle DBA Manager/Leader Needed in Wallingford, CT (Between Stanford and Hartford)
COMPANY & JOB ENVIRONMENT: This company is a world leader in health care committed to providing
advancement possibilities for its employees. Casual but very professional environment.
An exciting place to work.
- Responsible for guiding database administration in support of several
- Provide open and timely communications within your group, among other lead DBAs,
across the Infrastructure support team and out to your key business partners.
- Your goal is to successfully complete the projects associated with our new strategy.
- Need to foster an atmosphere that encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Build team consensus and provide motivational leadership.
- Execute a broad range of database administration functions as part of the Global Core
Technologies group in support of development efforts.
- You will work closely with divisionally focused application development teams,
and other GCT departments to create a team approach to systems development and support.
- You will lead work in your team to establish, support and grow development, testing,
integration and production environments for all application efforts.
- BS in Computer Science
- 3+ years of Oracle database administration in a multi-server multi-instance
- Able to support a growing multi-server multi-instance Oracle 8i RDBMS environment.
- Competency in Unix based database support.
- NT administration is also possible. -
- Experience using several of the following would be preferred: OEM, OAS, ONS,
Orace Report Server, Rman, shell based scripting, PL SQL or Java.
- Project management and/or leadership experience: project initiation, project planning,
cost benefit, technical risk assessments, technical leadership.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the able to negotiate,
compromise and reach consensus in dealing with a variety of issues.
- MUST be a permanent resident or citizen of the U.S.
Salary range: 85-105K depending on experience + performance based bonus.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume as an attachment to:
Please Use Job Code: DBAsupport/Wallingford/DBA Mgr/Barry/
Note: This is only one of the many opportunities that we have available
across the U.S. for candidates with Oracle skills.
So if this one is not a match for you, we
invite you to send us your resume- as we quite possibly have the opportunity that you
We pay referral fees.
So please contact me if you know of anyone who would be qualified/interested
in the posiition described above- if it is not a match for your skills.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width