DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Importing production data into testing database

Cool

I am looking for a way to import my production database into my testing environment without loosing all the test account that have been input into the testing db. It will need to be updated weekly and do not want to loose test account but only update changes that have occurred to the produciton accounts. Any help will be appreciated.

The test account are accounts just like production accounts that are located in the same tables but just have fictious info. They need to be preserved for demonstration purposes and training. Only they are not located in our production site.

[Edited by jgustin on 03-12-2001 at 07:06 PM]

where is your test accounts? Ina particular table ? If it is , are there any columns in that table t be updated from production ?

The only way you can acheive this is by not updating/importing the tables you wanted and importing the tables data with updates. I mean table level import. I don't know whats your situation.

Reddy,Sam

Hi,

Do you have different schemas in test database? If that is the case then import data related to production user schemas.

If you are looking at record level selective import for a table, then you can do table level import ignoring errors. But data integrity can not be guaranteed as you may craete the same record in production & test database with different attributes (different values for non-key columns).

Regards,
    Baliga