DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SAP or Oracle App

Hi

Has anyone administer both SAP and Oracle applications?
    WE are going to use an ERP and a CRM I think my bosses are thinking about SAP but I am trying to change their minds and at least have a look on Oracle APP however since I havent used Oracle APP I have no words to convince them to have a look, the only words I can think about is the tight integration between database server and the ERP. Anyone else would know anything else than this to convince my bosses? :P

I don't see many shops preferring SAP, unless there is valid reason for like big manufacturing companies TOYOTA... who were already SAP shops.

Even in APPS, depends on your Business and what module implementations you are looking for your business. For CRM ORACLE is doing well and you can consider siebel also. For Financials Oracle ERP is good and for Manufacturing divisions SAP could be an option. For HR PeopleSoft is leader...

So, I would advise you browse on the industry success rate, customers feedback before coming up with your views and justifications for your implementation. Iam also interested to have some info on ERP sector and product implementation sucess percentage. I will try posting some links...

Reddy,Sam

Well I think we are gonna implement finance and billing modules

How long does it take to implement Oracle APP? I know SAP is around 2 years

A good consulting company should be able to implement rapid apps in a month to 6 months

Always ask for a fixed price implementation contract. It may be atleast 15% higher than a time and materials but it always works in your favour when it comes to the end of the project.

uday