DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do JDK 1.2.x drivers for 8.1.5 exist?

Smile

Hello all,

I am installing WebSphere 3.5 to use with my Oracle databases. This product appears to require the JDK 1.2.x drivers (classes12.zip) for the jdbc thin-client. Unfortunately, this version of these drivers does not seem to exist for 8.1.5 - they appear only under 8.1.6 in the download area.

Can anyone verify for me that there are no JDK 1.2.x drivers for Oracle 8.1.5? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Joe B.

hey Joeyb ,

You have to get the classes12.zip from oracle.com and place it on your storage and then specify the environment and path variables for your WebSphere implementation. Hope this will work. If you have any more porblems mail me.

gladguy........

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by joeyb [/i]
    [B]Hello all,

I am installing WebSphere 3.5 to use with my Oracle databases. This product appears to require the JDK 1.2.x drivers (classes12.zip) for the jdbc thin-client. Unfortunately, this version of these drivers does not seem to exist for 8.1.5 - they appear only under 8.1.6 in the download area.

Can anyone verify for me that there are no JDK 1.2.x drivers for Oracle 8.1.5? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Joe B. [/B][/QUOTE]