I tested my project on Oracle 8i on Windows 2000 Server (Build No. 2195). When I checked log files, I found the error information:
com.ibm.vap.common.VapReadFailureException:_Cannot_read_from_the_database 500 -
I checked my machine class path, the 'classes111.zip', 'sqlj\lib\traslator.zip' and 'jdk1.1.8' etc. all are put in.
I don't kwon what is wrong for me.
Who can help me?
I would start looking at your processes parameter in the init.ora file because of the ORA-00020:+maximum+number+of+processes+(59)+exceeded message...
One thing I would look for is the way your code is being executed. I have seen similar errors in the following situations and they may or may not apply to you. This has nothing to do with your JDBC or JAVA class paths etc.
1. Processes are exceeded so, check the processes value in the init.ora and fix it.
2. Check the java code and make sure that developers are releasing the connections they use to run their queries. If not, the connections stay open and any new query used by another session will open more processes.
There was a known bug with Compaq hardware. Check the following note on metalink. Insight manager on Compaq is known to be causing some issues.
Note: 2123796.6 ORA-00020 - MAXIMUM # OF PROCESSES EXCEEDED ON COMPAQ SERVER
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width