DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What Is The Hardware Requirewment For implimenting parell server On Windows NT

Question

hello every Body

Great Oracle Dba s

i nbeed Help

What is the hardware Require ment for impliment Oracle 8i parellelserver on windows nt , I searched all doc ment I m,a not Getting Pls help us other Pls Post URL releated Doc For This thing

Great Rakesh
    Oracle Dba

Two or more Servers (NT) and a Disk Array System configured on the Network is enough for the Parallel Server Architecture.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tamilselvan [/i]
    [B]Two or more Servers (NT) and a Disk Array System configured on the Network is enough for the Parallel Server Architecture. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not quite so. Appart from the fact that servers have to be joined into cluster and that common disks have to be configured as RAW devices, there is one more restrictive requirement: so called Operating System Dependent (OSD) layer.

The Operating System Dependent layer consists of several software and hardware components distinct from the Oracle Parallel Server. These components provide key services required for a proper operation of the OPS options. Typically, these components are implemented as a set of separate but coordinated hardware and software modules supplied by hardware vendors.

On oracle site you can find which vendor's OSD's have been tested and certified vith OPS. Each hardware vendor has its own cluster configurations for Oracle OPS. For example, you can find Compaq's "OPS-enabled" NT clusters at the following URL:

[url]http://www.compaq.com/solutions/enterprise/ha-ntpdc.html[/url]

HTH,
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

Smile Hello friendship From Rakesh And Thanks From Rkodag

Hi jmodic

Thank u very much For Replying , and i Need another Help from u what ARe The Steps For implementing The Replication for windows NT Oracle 8i(8.1.6) So what Are The Steps For Implimenting The Replication and what r Requirement Pls Can

u Guide me , and If u Have any Email address and Messanger address pls send me to contact u
    My messanger id's "osram_rakeshraj@hotmail.com"
    and "universe_rocky@yahoo.com" i am always online indian standard timings so pls add me in ur friends list or mail me ,
    i will not trouble u ? i need help

Yours
    Rakesh