DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM jobs not running, HElpppppppp

Unhappy

Ok I have my preffered credentials all set up and I dont get the failed to authenticate anymore, it vaildates then awaits agent conformation. no prob so far. then in the collum where it says "awating agent conformation " it changes to the date and time ( i submitted the job to run immediately) , status says scheduled, looks great, but it never runs. The job I am trying now is an export, i have tried running simple sql statements with the same outcome. When I eventually cancel the job it says "The agent does not have this job in its queue. The job will be removed" then it deletes it.
    Any clues????

also does anyone know how to set my oracle SID ( . oraenv in UNIX ) so I can run the export from command line on the NT server using EXP80.exe

Thanks again,
    SMD

What version you are using ? try deleting the node and rediscover the node and then submit job. We were having the same problem with REORG Utility for v2.1
    Reddy,Sam

Oracle server is 8.0.5.0.0
    OEM on my client is 1.3.6

C Shell:
    setenv ORACLE_SID=xyz
    source /usr/bin/coraenv
    K Shell:
    set ORACLE_SID=xyz
    export /usr/bin/oraenv
    NT:
    set local=xyz
    set oracle_home=D:/oracle8i
    Reddy,Sam

R U sure that Intelelligent Agent is running on your server ?
    see typing in at the prompt
    lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
    Reddy,Sam

your preffered credential set for the node have LOG ON AS A BATCH JOB on the host db machine?

Make sure the following are set correctly.

1) Is your OEM and the OMS belong to the same version. If not upgrade them to be of the same version. You can also download the OEM 2.1. from technet.oracle.com or make a request to oracle for OEM 2.2 if you have the product upgrade support. This is the primary thing you have to have.

2. As sreddy pointed out make sure your intelligent agent is up and running on the server side. You can check it through
    "lsnrctl dbsnmp_status" if not start that "lsnrctl dbsnmp_start". If you have any problem in starting it pl. let us know, I'll send you some trouble shootings

3. Make sure that your prefered credentials for database is SYS or SYSTEM the username and the password and the SYSDBA

4. Make sure that the user name for the node to be the user name and password of the user who has the rights to run the required jobs on the host.

Hope this would help you.

Sam

Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

sambavan what is OMS?
    "Is your OEM and the OMS belong to the same version. If not upgrade them to be of the same version. "

I am downloading OEM 2.2 from technet , will it run with my 8.0.4 DB?

Thanks,
    SM

OEM is the gui tool that you would be using to pork into the database related informatiion. OMS is the oracle managemt server, which would maintain your repository.

One word of caution, if you are going to use, 2.2, don't install it on the same machine that has the 8.0.4 database running. Because, it might mess up some java libraries of your 8.0.4 database.

I would suggest that you first test it on your testsystem, before mapping to the production. If you have any problems, let us know.

You might not be able to run events or jobs using this, I haven't check it with my 8.0.4 installation yet, since I'm off site. So, I cannot give any presice answer to your second question, until I could know.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!