DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Migration from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7

Question

Hi,

Anyone who successufully migrate Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7 using Oracle Database Migration Assistant (ODMA) on Sun Solaris 2.7, can you please help me out on this one.

Deinstallation and Installation has been completed. However, during migration using ODMA, I've got an error message:

ORA-12545: Errors while trying to retrieve text for error.

Anybody who encountered this problems or have solutions on this problem, please help...!!!??!!!

Thank you
    Yong

Hi,
    This error can come for various reasons, you can first of all check you ld_lib_path and other env variables that are set for 8.i.7 database.
    Check the tnsnames and the alias you connecting to.
    tell me what you trying to do if this does not work.
    Best Regards,
    Harsh Shah

Unhappy

I've already modified my .profile and init.ora. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct. Also, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora have been modified as well. Those are already been set correctly.

What I'm trying to do is succesfully finishing migration using Oracle Database Migration Assistant tool that is comes with Oracle Universal Installer on Oracle 8.1.7

Yong

Correction: 8.1.6 --> 8.1.7 is an upgrade, not a migration.

12545, 00000, "Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"
    *Cause: The address specified is not valid, or the program being connected to does not exist.
    *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly; the most likely incorrect parameter is the node name. Ensure that the executable for the server exists (perhaps "oracle" is missing.) If the protocol is TCP/IP, edit the TNSNAMES.ORA file to change the host name to a numeric IP address and try again.

Hope this would help you,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Hi : I am planning to upgrade my db on sun solaris, from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7. Can you please tell me how to do it??
    What are the problems you have faced?
    Please do not point me some website, since I had asked this question before and someone referred me to technet and I don not find any problem scenario and bugs that I found while I was creating and in metalink..
    Thanks...