DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performace Tuning - Number of chapters in Exam

Question

Hi,
    This is a question for those who have sat the Performance tuning exam. The STS
    questions cover 16 chapters, as do the various study guides, both on this site and
    others I've looked at. However, the ILT notes cover a 17th chapter called "Optimizing
    for Load". Is this chapter optional? Can it be ignored when preparing for this exam?
    Were there any questions on this chapter on the score sheet you received at the
    end of taking the exam?

I'm due to sit this exam soon so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

audere

Hi,

I passed Oracle8i Performance and Tuning exam and Optimizing Loads is not an optional chapter. I am correctly remember how many questions I got but it is required. I can not say the chapter #s. I followed STS, on line manual and freequently watching my system performance.

I hope this will clear you.

Subbarao Manchikanti

Hi Subbarao,
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. I took and passed the performance tuning exam for Oracle 8 yesterday. What I noticed is that for this exam in the Oracle 8 DBA track, the questions are based on 16 chapters. The "Optimizing for Load" chapter did not form part of the exam I sat.

This might be of interest to those doing the 8, as opposed to 8i, tuning exam.

Regards,
    audere