Oracle form builder can't access database created
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Oracle form builder can't access database created

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy

    i could onli connect to the database using the sql8.0 screen.

    the data block wizard can't access the database at all.

    tried using the net assistant to test the connection, but fail.

    btw, wats sid? does this have to be the same name as the database


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    83
    Hi,

    SID need not be same as the database name. SID is System ID for that DB.
    with regards
    Prasanna S

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    462
    The problem is in your tnsnames.ora file. There is one for each ORACLE_HOME . SQL*PLUS is in a different ORACLE_HOME than developer. Append the contents of the tnsnames.ora from the SQL*PLUS home (ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) to the tnsnames.ora file in the developer home (ORACLE_HOME/net80/admin).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy

    upz

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy

    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kmesser [/i]
    [B]The problem is in your tnsnames.ora file. There is one for each ORACLE_HOME . SQL*PLUS is in a different ORACLE_HOME than developer. Append the contents of the tnsnames.ora from the SQL*PLUS home (ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) to the tnsnames.ora file in the developer home (ORACLE_HOME/net80/admin). [/B][/QUOTE]


    tried it, but still can't work. can onli connect the database under the file menu but not the data block wizard


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    2,828
    hi there

    heres a simple solution to your problem

    A) uninstall dev 2000 and oracle from your windows

    b) now install dev2000 first followed by oracle

    your problem would be solved :-)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    6
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hrishy [/i]
    [B]hi there

    heres a simple solution to your problem

    A) uninstall dev 2000 and oracle from your windows

    b) now install dev2000 first followed by oracle

    your problem would be solved :-) [/B][/QUOTE]

    i install dev first then oracle... same result

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    2,828
    tell me more about your operating environment what version of oracle r u runing ? are you using windows 98 by the way.

    also do tell me about the version of forms and oracle you are curently running

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    6
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kcy [/i]
    [B][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hrishy [/i]
    [B]hi there

    heres a simple solution to your problem

    A) uninstall dev 2000 and oracle from your windows

    b) now install dev2000 first followed by oracle

    your problem would be solved :-) [/B][/QUOTE]

    i install dev first then oracle... same result [/B][/QUOTE]



    no. using win nt, oracle8i lite and developer 2000 R2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width