I have a problem in connecting to the server. It says no listener found.
* Server TCP/IP is in different Masknet.
* Client TCP/IP is in different Masknet.
1) The reason is the client is connected to server through firewall. The default port is 1521. Firewall is not enabling this port number. I tried by giving another port number 1526. For this no error at firewall, but not connecting to the Server.
2) Also when the request comes from client .. at firewall i am able to see that client is generating different ports dynamically. So i would like to know, how can i connect to the Server with this type different dynamic ports.
3) How does the Oracle client from DMC connects to the Oracle server behind the Firewall. How configuration should be made...?
I could not found the solution with the link u have mentioned. My problem is, if a client in DMZ network connects to Oracle Server behind firewall is not enabling the port 1521 at firewall. But i am able to connect to the server, if i bypass the firewall. Please give the solution.
I had similar problem too. I changed TCP/IP to Oracle Named Pipes and it started to work. I have win NT here.
This may be a wrong approach to change tcp/ip to named pipe, but looks like I am not have any problems with it.