DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ER diagram Tool

Hi,

Is there a good tool that I can download to learn to do ER diagrams? I tried ERWin but the trial period is only for 2 weeks. All I am interested in, is to do ER diagrams, not in any other fancy feature.

Please help

You could use embarcadero dba studio, but the trial is also only about 2 weeks. I'm not sure of any good freeware, or cheap feature-lite ER tools. If anybody knows some I'm sure all would appreciate the links :)

I surfed around and found something on

[url]http://www.casestudio.com[/url]

Its pretty good, you can draw er diagrams, generate sql scripts from it, but it does not have all the sophisticated features of ERWIN like reverse engg etc.

Bad thing is the eval copy supports only 6 tables, so we are forced to buy it from them, but the good thing is it only costs around 150$ for single user license whereas ERWIN costs 4000$ for a single user license

What about Designer 6?

I second tamilselvan. The designer is the best bet at ths point for you. Appart from doind the ER case design, you can also do module data diagram and etc. It is one good tool to have. But the sad part is it would only work on MS.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

I looked into Designer 6, but its too complicated to install. It requires Oracle repository etc, need to create so many tablespaces, just too many things to do, and I am running out of time now...

Link has some related info

[url]http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6850[/url]
    Reddy,Sam