DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Management Server

Thumbs up

hi!
    I have installed Oracle management server on a sun solaris server. On the same server OracleDatbase is also running.
    But from my front end I am not able to connect to the OMS. Please help me out.
    Thanks

have you started OMS

Start OMS and login as username:SYSMAN, password: OEM_TEMP. This is the default username/password to login first time later you can create new administrator/users.

Sanjay

O.K follow these steps.

On the server where you have the OMS installed

$ emca

would allow you to configure your repository for your OMS.

Once after this start the OMS

$oemctrl start oms

check the status of the OMS

$oemctrl status
    Here you provide the user name sysman/oem_temp

Once confirming that you have started the oms, you need to start the intelligent agent

$lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

Find the status of it by

$lsnrctl dbsnmp_status

Once you are through with this
    then
    $oemapp console

and log into the console with sysman/oem_temp and then chenge the oem_temp password. Then you could discover the node through the discoverer

I hope this would help you.
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Thanks Guys, My server has gone to upgradation. Will try it out when it's ready.
    Thanks a lot

Smile more details please

Sambavan,

I got further then I ever did with your instruction. But I still can't get in with the management console. Here where I'm at. My Sun box is in differen't building from where I'm sitting. I'm running the client end from my NT box. Sorry, but I'm not that great with Unix, this is my first time running oracle on unix remotely. so, some of the instruction what you give, I was not able to replicate.

thanks for more info.

I know, that oemapp console wouldn't have worked. All the others should have worked fine and you should have started those intelligent agent and management server ( if you have set your repository on unix) on your unix box before you start doing the rest. When you try to access the OEM from another machine, make sure that the following are correctly set

The version of your OEM on client should be equal to the one on the server. This is a major factor. If not upgrade them to the latest one.

Make sure you are able to ping or connect to the host where the oms is on.

Make sure you specify the unix host name correctly on the OEM starting window. If you cannot find the host, add the host to the oem host directory.

If you were able to start the OEm on window, then do the discover node to discover the databases and etc.

In the mean time could you also specify the steps that you took and were taking to connect to the OMS from NT. Then I can be more specifice on the steps.

Good luck,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!