DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Start on OCP

Hello there,

I have just over 5 years of Oracle experience, but not a varied one, since we are normally stuck/limited with the configuration at a site.

I figure that I would love to get a start on the OCP but doubt I could convince my small company to pay for training. I would appreciate any help as to where to start. List of books to buy etc, free papers (or not free) etc.

I am extremely nervous about this but want to try an exam per month. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks fopr all advice in advance.
    Nirasha

An exam per month is perfectly reasonable, that's the schedule I tried to keep with when I got my OCP. Jason Couchman's book, IMHO, is good ( [url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072120878/qid=982361707/sr=1-6/ref=sc_b_6/103-7908700-2906245[/url] ). I used it almost exclusively and passed each test the first time. I didn't waste money on the Self Test Software questions. If you download the sample test from Oracle you will get a good feeling about how the tests are structured.

I would stay away from any Exam Cram books by Michael Ault, they are filled with errors and will have you second guessing yourself.
    Jeff Hunter

hi nirasha

here are some of the sites where you can practice out ocp for free like [url]http://www.brainbench.com[/url] registration is free only fora few more days.

recommended books are
    a)oracle exam guides by corolios press
    b)oracle administration and architecture & backup and recovery guide by biju thomas and doug stans
    c)oracle performance tuning & network administration from sybex presss.
    d)also refer to oracle documentation from oarcle(this is very important)

hope this helps

hrishikesh

Thanks alot.

I did attempt quite a few sample tests and think I am ready. I read a few of the exam carm books and I liked them, but of course I may not have known any better. Is it just the ones by Michael Ault I should avoid,?? and have these errors been corrected in the new versions.??

Can you suggest any reading material.?? I am thinking of buying the OCP guide from Oracle.

Thanks,
    Nirasha