DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: User Rights

I have created a user using security manager. I need this user to be only view tables. What is the minimum permission that I need to assgin to this user

Thanks

If you create a user using security manager. that user is granted CONNECT role by default. Revoke it. Grant the privileges CREATE SESSION & SELECT ANY TABLE.

if you want to view only V$ views then grant create session and select_catalog_role ..

that will do.

IT would be a good practice to grant the select option on the tables that you want the user to be allowed to view. This way, you have a very good access control set up rather than being generous and getting into problems.

Always be presice in grating the access to the users, it would be a good practice.

I hope I'm not being rude in pointing this out, which I have notice being a problem among many of us. I was also one among this group some times back :)

Good luck,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Granting this(just giving create any session)permission will in turn grant the user to drop any table...which is created by system user.. check it out...