I'm a newbie and I can't arrange my mind to use Oracle8i, Developer/2000 and use it together.
How many step for basic use Oracle and Developer/2000?
I am not clear, if you can elaborate little I will try helping you.
Allright, I mean if I need to use oracle8i,
1. Install 8i
2. start managerservice on NT
3. create first repository
4. connect enterprise manager
and then 5. I don't know what I do to create my database,
my table, relationship, and using it
I know only it can develop an application, but what I do first.
and I know developer/2000 can access database on 8i
but I don't know how It's relate between.
Cause I need to create an application by using developer/2000 and database is 8i, may it deploy a part on [url]http://www.[/url] Can you advise me to use them? by BASIC.
1) Install Developer/2000
2) Install Oracle8i
3) Develop the application
4) I think you have to install forms server/Oracle Application Sever or iAS to deploy the application on Web.
Not very familiar with Developer Product. I will try posting back after I get little info on deployment using Forms and Reports as metoo curious in knowing.
[Edited by sreddy on 02-12-2001 at 01:27 PM]
1. Install Oracle
2. Install Client - D2K
3. Create 8i Database
4. Configure listeners, client - tnsnames.ora
5. Configure host ip address in client.
6. If u want a web based app - use Oracle App. Server . I think Oracle Portal should also be helpful but not sure about this.
7. Design your application and build your tables/indexes on the database
8. start coding....!!
Hope that would suffice.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width