DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: time of the database

Unhappy

at the server the time is

$ date
    Tue Feb 6 13:20:05 CST 2001

and in the database the time is

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')
    2 from dual
    SQL> /

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'DD-MM-YYYYHH24:MI:SS')
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    06-02-2001 19:20:49

thats bad, i suppose oracle get the time from the server, what can i do to syncronize them?

Talking

Change the date/time on your server (even if it's correct now) and see if that synchronizes them.

- Magnus

Thumbs up i find the problem

i find the problem, some users have 6 hours after of the real time,

the server have

$ date
    Tue Feb 6 13:20:05 CST 2001

in the sqlplus at the client, have the next time

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'DD-MM-YYYYHH24:MI:SS')
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    06-02-2001 19:20:49

if we get the time in sqlplus at the server, the time is well, but in the client is wrong, but all users at the client side have a wrong time, we check the listener and show have the wrong time, six hours after of the server, then, we stop and start the listener and create another session, get the time and the time was well, the listener get the right time from the server and the new session created have the right time, and old session were killed, all the new session have the new time a the right time

I think it is understandable. The time you get from sqlplus and the time you get from the server(which oracle database resides on) are the same,but the time you get from sqlplus and the time you get from the client(oracle client,which is on another server) are not necessarily the same. In order to have the same time, you have to set the time on your client the same as the time on your oracle server. Correct me if I am wrong.

yes dragon99, you are right,the point is, the session created with the listener with the wrong time, have the wrong time, that's the problem, the listener have the time 6 hours after of the server's time(that's wrong), and all session creted with this listener have the wrong time, and information in the database updated by these session is registred with the wrong time.

To my knowledge, the time listener shows should be the same as that of the server,because listener sits on the database server side. I don't get it why your listener has different time from the server.