DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle management server problem

Red face

I am trying to configure oracle management server. I am able to login to the server with sysman & added one node. Now my machine is standalone & whenever I try to access dba studio from oracle management server, it shows me the error that
    No database is associated with this node please configure it.

I am stuck up with my development work. Standalone DBA studio works fine. Let me know how should I solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.
    We develop Logics

I'm having the same problem on a test server in my environment. It's a server that I loaded 8.1.6 on for NT. I installed OEM on the same machine as the database and when I tried to login to the OEM console it told me that there were no available Management Servers. As you have stated previously DBA Studio will run, but OEM will not launch. OMS is a service that runs in NT, but I don't think that it was installed on the initial install of OEM 2.1.

Anyone shed any light on this situation?

Repository should be available( I guess you have to create explicitly following the instructions, installer will not create the repositroy as in old versions if you are using OEM 2.1.x.
    OMS should be up and running.
    Then you shouldn't be having problems to connect to. I never tried on NT. It works fine on Solaris.

Talking

Create repository
    Start Management Server's services
    Connect to OEM consol
    Everything is OK

I made it using 8.1.6 on Windows 2000 Server / Advanced Server.

Good Luck
    Hisham Nagia
    IT Manager For Development
    Oracle Consultant - OCP