DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-01034 Oracle Not Available

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

Hi,
    Anyone know how to solve this problem when I connect to the database using sqlplus (sqlplus system/manager@abc)
    error displayed sh: abc: not found. Why this error happen ?

So, I use another way to connect to database using sqlplus. I press <Enter> after sqlplus, Username : system@abc
    password : manager and press <Enter>. Another error message appear - ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

Why these could happen ? If the later way I key in without the alias (@abc) I can get connect to the database successfully. Why ?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. But I feel this is good to know especially as a DBA.

Thanks

Answer

Hi,
    try connecting with svrmgrl with internal.
    try select status from v$instance;
    if you get a message saying "ORACLE is not available"
    perform startup.
    if you do not succeed you have a problem with your environment (either SGA or operating system).

Sorry the Subject posted is incorrect. The correct subject should be ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

My current problem is about the login issue when connect to the Oracle Database. Error occured during connect to the database as mentioned in the above.

Thanks

it's not the right format to connect. You should remove @abc after username. or use connect username/password@abc to connect.

Since you are able to connect without alias your database is up. Check your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora file. You should have entries for the services in it.
    Make sure that the listener is running.

Sanjay