DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: log onto OEM on 8i

Angry

Dear DBA/members
    I just installed Oracle8i on win2000 but when I try to logon to the OEM console, I receive the following error:

"Unable to connect to management server. Please verify that your have entered the correct hostname and the status of the oracle management server"

More information:
    -For my initial connection I used the following:

Administrator: sysman
    password: oem_temp
    management serve: 'host name of my server'

The computer I am trying to connect to the oem consule is the same one that has the database as well.

Can someone help me please.

Rose

you should startup oracle intelligent agent first. on NT/2000, in control panel, find: service; then find: oracleOraAgent, start it; and also start OracleOEMmanagentserver. then start OEM and log in. on unix, use: lsnrctl dbsnmp_start to start intelligent agent.

[url]http://63.236.73.14/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6044[/url]

Thanks a lot for the info. As for for the 1st reply, I do not have those two oracle services running on my system. Is there a special CD for the management server? I am still getting the same error message that I should check the hostname and status of the management server.

I also checked the web page on which one member suggested that we log on to dba_studio with username/pw and host so as to update the tnsnames.ora file. Even after having done that, I wasn't successful.

I would really appreciate more detailed information as to how I can successfully log onto to a management server on the same node as the database server itself.

Rose.

if you don't have intelligent and OEMManagentsrever on your computer, you cannot use console. intelligent is installed when you install Oracle8i. OEMManagentsrever comes from OEM installation. both installation cannot use minimal install choice. after installation, do repository: go to OEM>Enterprise Manager>Configuration Assistant.