There are lot of documents and tips available for installation. But my problem is about uninstalling of oracle 8i. If I uninstall 8i, still few services are not removed, previous database SID is not removed, and because of this I experience lot of problems while reinstalling 8i. Please let me know the proper solution for this or any other resource where I can find the solution.
Thanks and regards,
Steps to uninstall Oracle 8i. (CLEAN BOOT)
1. Stop all oracle services.
2. use regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> delete all with name 'oracle...'
3. use regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> Current Control Set -> Services -> delete all keys with name 'oracle...'
Repeat 3 for 'Controlset001...'
4. come out of regedit
5. delete all oracle dir/folders on hard drives.
6. delete oracle folder in program files directory (which has installation inventory)
7. delete oracle program icons from 'start menu'
8. reboot system
Now, system is ready for fresh installation.
With best wishes.
the steps provided by ggnanaraj are perfect. yes you do need to do a little extra work while using Windows NT.
You can delete your services either from REGISTRY or using 'oradim' utility. For details and syntax, just type in oradim/oradim80 Its always a good habit to delete your oracle services before deleting database, so that you don't endup leaving sevices on the system even after deleting database;
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width