DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Output Oracle raw data to Excel using SQL Plus but decoding special characters

Output Oracle raw data to Excel using SQL Plus but decoding special characters

Hello all,

I wonder if any of you would be able to help me (or indeed let me know if it is possible).

The question is this: when I run a query against a Oracle database that has special characters encoded like &x1234; directly/raw on the tables, I would like to see it as ã instead of ã both on screen and in Excel export when using SQL Plus.

Is there settings that need to be changed in SQL Plus or in the windows registry that will display the correct character?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

You can try using utl_file if you are doing it from the server, you can try dbms_output, you can
    try Perl if you know Perl programming. Ultimately you need to build your own solution and test it.

You can try using utl_file if you are doing it from the server, you can try dbms_output, you can
    try Perl if you know Perl programming. Ultimately you need to build your own solution and test it.