I've received an alert from Enterprise manager saying "Disk Group DATA_SID requires re-balance because at least one disk
is low on space". This is a staging environment, set up with external redundancy. My colleague who I would go to with this question is unavailable, so this is a learning opportunity
for me. So far Google and Oracle documentation have provided lots of information, but nothing that answers my questions.

I've run the following query on both the primary and standby databases ASM instances:
select name, disk_number, sector_size,os_mb, total_mb, free_mb, redundancy from v$asm_disk;

On the primary I get 4810M Free space and 18431M Total Space
on the standby I get 1248M Free space and 18431M Total Space -- this is the one that complained via OEM

When I run the following query in the database instance:
select sum(bytes)/1024/1024 MB from dba_segments;

I get 3736.75M as a result.

My question is:
1. Will OEM's suggestion to rebalance the disk actually help in this situation since the instance is set up with external redundancy?
2. If I've got 18G of space and only 3.7G of data, why is OEM complaining?
3. How can I reclaim what I presume is allocated but unused space in my problem disk group?
4. How can I determine what extra data the standby has that the primary doesn't since both have the same total space allocation, but different amounts of free space?

Thanks in advance.