Oracle/ SQL DBA Needed in SF Bay Area
Title: Database Administrator (DBA)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pay Rate: $130,000
Work status (W2/C2C): W2, no sponsorship
Responsible for maintaining production service levels, which includes providing superior support for all Company services and applications. Ensure proactive service monitoring of alerts for infrastructure and applications, as well as operational readiness. Maintain specialized skills for services, applications, and infrastructure support. Maintain responsiveness to business needs, ensuring customer satisfaction and continued communication with customers, staff, and management.
• Maintain all service delivery operations and service levels for applications, services, and systems in all environments.
• Isolate, diagnose, and restore business operations in a timely fashion.
• Perform change, release, incident, and problem management activities to support these processes in all regions.
• Maintain proactive health-check operations, service monitoring alerts, and comprehensive configuration documentation for all environments.
• Service management, including defining and maintaining infrastructure and administrative and operations processes (run-books, support procedures, etc.).
• Analyze security patches and perform risk assessment. Engineer SMS packages to deploy those security packages following SDLC process.
• Maintain and enforce standardized, repeatable, administrative and operational policies and procedures.
• Monitor all server and system software activity to ensure service availability.
• Provide 24/7 on-site, on-call, and weekend maintenance support to maintain service levels and to ensure proactive response to alerts or service requests.
• Provide skill-set knowledge transfer that ensures necessary cross-training of other staff members.
• Perform ad hoc responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience, required. ITIL V3 Foundation certification required. ITIL V3 Practitioner (Incident and Problem Management, Change and Release Management), database, CCNP, CCISP, MSCE, MCP, and VCP certifications preferred.
• Seven to ten years’ technical experience and proficiency in the following technical infrastructures, with concentration on number 2 and emphasis on database (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server) support:
1. Client Desktop Services (SMS, Wyse)
2. Middleware Services (includes Infrastructure Applications, Databases, and Build Administration)
3. Windows and UNIX Server Services (Directory, email, Scheduling, Print Services)
4. Network Services (Voice/Data)
5. Storage Services (Disk/Tape)
6. DataCenter Facilities
7. Operations Services
• Responsible for enforcing and maintaining all infrastructure and applications service levels.
• Five years’ experience in a Financial Services organization is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in reporting and querying from SQL databases; experience with developing Crystal reports is required.
• Maintain detailed, professional, production support and operations documentation through both procedures and diagrams.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills specific to both technical and business audiences. Strong customer service skills are required.
• Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage expectations of management and motivate and collaborate with team members to achieve sustained results is required.
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure, either independently or as a member of a team.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width