We're looking for a super dba. The responsibilities and opportunities are many... REPLY TO email@example.com
Oracle 8.1.6, Solaris and NT environments.
Development: We have several developers who work with the database.
- Daily support to the application development team. Assist them with their Oracle needs.
- Receive and review database change requests.
- Rollout changes to varying environments.
- Maintain and enhance database design.
Production: We have an up and running production environment.
- Maintain backup/recovery procedures and scripts.
- Maintain user and system security on the Oracle database.
- Investigate Oracle related issues passed over from customer service calls and/or developers.
- Monitoring and maintain the database structures, the space usage, memory usage, and all Oracle logs for database errors, either with the Oracle server or from the application.
- Be an expert resource on Oracle for physical environment requirements for System administrators
- Plan for future needs (memory, space, etc).
Integration: Our product integrates with several client systems.
- Monitor, maintain, and improve integration engine (PL/SQL, JDBC, etc).
- Develop/inventigate new integration methods between systems.
- Involved in all business/tech design issues/sessions
- The DBA team answers directly to the CEO and has final say on Oracle related issues
- Write ad hoc scripts as needed to support changing data/database requirements.
- Engaging in technical design of new modules and assisting in resolving business issues of existing modules.
- Rollout database changes in sync with the application rollout
- Monitor Oracle related sites for bug notices and patch rollouts
Additional areas: Chances to grow and learn
- Setting up external backup site
- Data warehouse *** DW experience a huge plus ***
- Load/stress testing
- Full scale performance tuning
- Data migration (moving old data off of the system or to a DW)
- Multi-node databases... *** OPS experience a huge plus ***
- Improving the storage techniques in the database for future storage/maintenance/perforamance capabilities (partitioning, etc) *** Experience and/or familiarity with one of: EMC, Veritas, Natapp *** is a plus.
Our venture-backed, business-to-business, Pre-IPO, Internet company is revolutionizing the restaurant industry by providing an Internet-based marketplace for pricing, procurement, POS, ordering and inventory management. Endorsed by premier restaurants, our company provides chefs and restaurant operators with up-to-the-minute information and business solutions. We are a unique team of experienced culinary professionals, restaurateurs, world-class technologists and business/financial professionals. Our combined talents enable us to be the complete technology solution for the dynamic restaurant industry. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock options and a fun work environment. If you are among the best in the industry and want to participate in a rare opportunity, please send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.