DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle DBF files

Oracle DBF files

I have a big problem .

One of my friends send me some files to help him to install them to his Oracle server but as a new user in oracle I am not sure how to do that. What I've recieved are this files :

DRSYS01.DBF

INDX01.DBF

SYSTEM01.DBF

TEMP01.DBF

TOOLS01.DBF

UNDOTBS01.DBF

USERS01.DBF

XDB01.DBF

And if helps , those files are dated at 2007 (maybe do I need another version or Oracle?)

I've googled for those files and what I get is that maybe files are from Acess , Are I am right?

I've hexed the files and in top of them they have this hex
    6D6C6B6A1635 >>> mlkj.5

And In some parts of the files(hexing) are references to Oracle , so I dont know if It's Acess or Oracle. I've also tried to import the files using Navicat.But the result was just not as expected because all tables where nulled and with all columns the same name (from f1-fx)

Another thing I've tried is "Stellar Phoenix Oracle Recovery v3.2"

d2g.png

But it's a very expensive software that I think I dont money to "test"

Thanks for any kind of help!

That's all I know . Thanks you for your help

Those are Oracle datafiles.
    If - as you said it, you are a "new user to Oracle" you can do nothing with them.
    Ask your "friend" to provide you with a full cold backup of the database, also the exact version and patch level of the original Oracle instance.
    Once you have all of it, get a DBA to help you.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Cool

Hi Pablo,

Perhaps his "friend" does not have a clue either, due to the fact that the friend is also asking for help.

@darky: If this is a serious assignment, you do have a big problem. Your friend may need to get help from an experienced Oracle DBA.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Just to add to what has already been said... If you have a cold backup and an experienced DBA, you can probably create an init file, control files and open the database without having to provide any archive logs. But it seems as though you are missing control files, online redo files and any archive log files. It this was done as a hot backup, then you have no hope of getting anything out of it. Given that all of the files are a part of default table spaces, unless the users data file is larger than a 10MB, it is unlikely that this is anything other than an empty Oracle database. In which case you can just use dbca to create a new blank database.