DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hands-on Guide Book for `1Z0-055: Oracle 11g: New Features for 9i OCP's`

Hybrid View

Unhappy Hands-on Guide Book for `1Z0-055: Oracle 11g: New Features for 9i OCP's`

Hi,

I completed the 1-week hands-on course for `1Z0-055: Oracle 11g: New Features for 9i OCP's`in mid-2010 and downloaded the associated eKit straight after, but due to an office move and heavy work schedule, I wasn't able to sit the upgrade exam straight away. At the time, I saved the eKit to CD and backed it up on the company's network share, which I thought would be enough. Stupid me!!

Due to the heavy workload, I forgot about the eKit and taking the exam until recently due to things quietening down. However, during the office move, my company managed to lose some people's belongings, including mine and most of my CD's. To top it off, my network share became corrupt and they could not restore all my files - don't ask me why!! Consequently, I have lost all soft copies of the course guide book (apparently, they stopped issuing hard copies), and now that I have the time to sit the exam, I don't have a guide book to revise from.

I have recently spoken to Oracle Education and stated my case. However, they said it's company policy not to re-issue eKit's, and if I wanted a hard copy, I could purchase one from them. I've told them I think this is a bit harsh, but even though I can prove I sat the course, they are not willing to change their stance on this matter.

So, in my last moments of despair, I thought I would try this forum in the hope that somebody has a soft copy they would be willing to send me please. If they do I would very, very much appreciate it.

Many thanks,
    Shaun.

P.S. Please, no jokes about being a DBA and backups. I've already had plenty of them at work!! :-)

I do not have a copy of that student guide (and frankly wouldn't violate the copyright if I did). However, you can access a great deal of free (and legitimate) information about this exam here:

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.c...2_EXAM:1Z0-055