DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: determine the progress of direct path insert and merge operations

determine the progress of direct path insert and merge operations

I queried v$session_longops to find the progress of direct path insert and merge operations. Surprisingly, the query did not result any result. I also googled but could not find answer. Does anybody have an idea?

Also using TOAD, I navigated to LONGOPS tab in SESSION BROWSER to find the progress of aforementioned operations. Even here, I could not find anything.
    Last edited by mahajanakhil198; 02-20-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Wrong tense usage.
    lucky

The table should give the long operations which are executed, i guess the merge and the insert operation which you are searching might be already completed. So its not present in the table.
    Can you paste the query you are executing ? And can you check whether the insert and merge operation is done on the specified table.

Please get back on this.

I used this:

select * from gv$session_longops where sofar!=totalwork;

I also used other variations of this view but could not find what I required.

It's a 2 node RAC and database is in NORACHIVELOG mode. I am wondering whether the operations such as direct load insert and merge are logged in v$session_longops when the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode.
    lucky

The operations were long and still in progress. That's why, I wanted to check their progress.
    lucky

It might be the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode, because of which its not reterving that long insert and merge command.
    At the time of executing this process did the database go down or was it hangged.
    U can even check whether there was a lock on the table on which long insert and merge command is executed.?
    OR
    Check the table data whether the long insert and merge command has completed successfully.

Only a small set of operations are elligible to be tracked on v$session_longops, they include RMAN Backup and Restore operations, Parallel queries, Full table scans on tables 10K blocks and larger and also Sort operations if my memory is serving me well. archivelog mode has nothing to do with it.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB View Post
    Only a small set of operations are elligible to be tracked on v$session_longops, they include RMAN Backup and Restore operations, Parallel queries, Full table scans on tables 10K blocks and larger and also Sort operations if my memory is serving me well. archivelog mode has nothing to do with it.
    Can we not track the progress other operations using any other means?
    lucky