DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Multiple errors during impdp

Multiple errors during impdp

Hi,

I am trying to use NETWORK_LINK option in datapump and import a table from one server to another. I gave the below command :

C:>impdp example/example@db DIRECTORY=DATA_PUMP_DIR

NETWORK_LINK=db.legal.regn.net remap_schema=BI:example

tables=BI.BI_DIRECT dumpfile=BI.dmp logfile=BI.log

Got the following errors :

ORA-39002: invalid operation
    ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
    ORA-29283: invalid file operation
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 536
    ORA-29283: invalid file operation

Is this error related to the permission in the OS level (windows 7 in my case)? I manually created the folder 'DATA_PUMP_DIR' in the specified directory path. Though the directory I created (DATA_PUMP_DIR) shows read-only in the general tab of the property, I am able to create files under the folder 'DATA_PUMP_DIR'. Please let me know how to resolve this issue?

Have you tried by specifying datadump file and log locations without leaving it to default?

Yes, I have specified dumpfile as BI.dmp and logfile as BI.log

Cool

What about "DATA_PUMP_DIR", where did you create it?

Did you follow the instructions in the fine Oracle® Database Utilities Manual?

Specially the note that "the directory_object is the name of a database directory object (not the file path of an actual directory"?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Is init.ora UTL_FILE_DIR configured to point to DATA_PUMP_DIR physical location?

I do not have the write access to the source database from where I need to pull the tables. For the source database, I have the LDAP connection information.

Please find the LDAP information in the attachment. Using LDAP connection information, I was able to connect to the source database using SQL Developer tool.

I do not have the accurate tnsentry for the source database.

create public database link dblink
    connect to user identified by password
    using

I do not know what I need to write after the keyword 'using'. I have the user and password information of the source database with me.

I realize that in order to use network_link in the datapump, we need to have/know the tnsentry of the source database which i do not have. So, I guess I

wouldn't be able to use datapump (network_link parameter). Please help.LDAP_connection.png

Allow me to quote Oracle documentation http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B12037_01/...ments_5005.htm

USING 'connect string'

Specify the service name of a remote database. If you specify only the database name, then Oracle Database implicitly appends the database domain to the connect string to create a complete service name. Therefore, if the database domain of the remote database is different from that of the current database, then you must specify the complete service name.

In regards to the question about TNSNAMES entry.... how in the world could we know what it is? Ask
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lg123 View Post
    I do not have the write access to the source database from where I need to pull the tables. For the source database, I have the LDAP connection information.
    . . . E t c . . .
    First some definitions:
    - Source db is the source of the tables to be copied
    - Target db is your db where the tables are to be copied to
    - Target server is the server on which the target db resides.

1) The DB Service from your LDAP connection should match the tns entry for the source database.

2) The DIRECTORY path can be defined in the db on target server (under below conditions)

3) Issue the impdp command on the target server similar to as follows:
    Code:
    C:>impdp example/example DIRECTORY=DATA_PUMP_DIR
    NETWORK_LINK=db.legal.regn.net remap_schema=BI:example
    tables=BI.BI_DIRECT logfile=BI.log
    Where:
    - DIRECTORY is created on target db as a local path
    - NETWORK_LINK is a db link created in your target db

Note this:
    i) You do not use the "@database_alias" if db on same server issuing the command.
    ii) If you use network link you do not need a dump file.
    iii) REMAP_SCHEMA option may not work for single partitions.

HTH
    Last edited by LKBrwn_DBA; 02-13-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: fix typo
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb