DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Database version for 10g OMS repository

Database version for 10g OMS repository

Does anyone know what database version is supported as a repository for 10g OMS?

I would think that 10gR2 or above. I see no reason why the repository database could not be 11gR2.

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf989 View Post
    I would think that 10gR2 or above. I see no reason why the repository database could not be 11gR2.
    I need facts

Quote Originally Posted by la_gamine View Post
    I need facts
    Have you looked at metalink?

That was the first palce where I looked but I was unable to find anything useful. Trust me, I would not subject myself to snarky comments on the forums before searching all over the internet

Quote Originally Posted by la_gamine View Post
    Trust me, I would not subject myself to snarky comments on the forums before searching all over the internet
    Snarky answers are just another benefit of posting anything here. My guess is that the documentation for the 10g OMS repository
    won't say that you can run it on 11g. But it should work. You need to decide what version you are comfortable running. If you want
    to stay with 10g, then use 10.2.0.5, otherwise 11.2.0.3. You don't need to upgrade the database repository and leave OMS at 10g.
    You can also upgrade OMS to 11g or 12c.

If you are running 10gR1 or 10gR2 and don't have extended support you are running an unsupported configuration, so do what you want, as long
    as it works. If you want support, then run a supported version of OMS. If you want a real answer then you need to create a ticket in Metalink using
    you CSI number, unless you don't pay for support...