Due to the fact we cannot see what you are doing and our crystal ball is not working today, we can only speculate on the possibilities:
Originally Posted by skirkpatrick
1) Your cut and paste inserts CR (or LF) in wrapped lines causing a break where there should be none.
2) Your script has quote(s) missing the(ir) closing pair.
3) You execute an sql script that does not have "exit" command and it's waiting for input.
4) Oracle rdbms does not like your data and cuts you off.
5) Pick any other random reason.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb