Oracle PL/SQL Developer Help
Hi I am new to Oracle and I am hoping to pursue a career as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer. I recently finished a short tutorial on PL/SQL Programming (DML's, IF statements, Case, Loops, Implicit and Explicit Cursors) and I really want to go further in getting more knowledge about this.
1. Did i make the right choice in doing the first step of becoming an Oracle PL/SQL Developer by having the short PL/SQL Programming tutorial?
2. Any idea on what should be my next step?
3. What are the things I should focus on to become and Oracle PL/SQL Developer?
4. What should be the technical strengths of an Oracle PL/SQL Developer?
5. Any idea where I can get the materials or tutorials to succeed on this field?
Thanks in advance.
I write PL/SQL in my regular job and at times as a full time developer.
Originally Posted by Developer101
Here is my answer:
2. keep learning, buy, read and practice PL/SQL best practices by Steven Feuerstein
3. Learn to write modular code that adapts easily to change and is easy to read
4. The ability to write code the does something that some one wants, but is easy
and intuitive to use, avoid global variables, don't let global variables get changed outside the package.
5. Amazon, other online book stores, tahiti.oracle.com, here...
this space intentionally left blank
Hi Gandolf! Thanks for all your advices. This is really a big help since I'm lost in which one to do next. Right now I'm up to PL/SQL best practices by Steven Feuerstein. Good thing there's a video in you tube! Ill keep in touch and I hope to hear more of your advices soon.
Thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate your advices, since Iíve been lost on which one to do next. Right now im up to PL/SQL best practices by Steven Feuerstein, good thing though that there is a free video in you tube. I'll be keeping in touch and I hope to hear more of your advices soon.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width