DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Database ramp- up Solution

Exclamation Database ramp- up Solution

Hi,

I have received an expdp DB dump (Oracle 11g DB say ABCD). This database was live and now has been ramped down.

As per the Archival request, Now we are planning to ramp up this database in new Windows 2003 server (not in network).

I have oracle 11g installed on new server. What are the steps to be followed to import this .dmp file and create a copy

of the ramped down database ? Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by bond007; 10-19-2012 at 04:44 AM.

1-- pre-create ABCD database, if possible with same tablespace structure.
    2-- impdp dump file into ABCD
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

If you download cygwin, you can use the more command to look at the top part of the dump file and you can see what table spaces you will need along with what users are stored there. That way you can pre-create the table spaces and the users. Then during the import you can specify exactly what users you want to import.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB View Post
    1-- pre-create ABCD database, if possible with same tablespace structure.
    2-- impdp dump file into ABCD
    Database is ABCD and Production DB Schema/User name : XYZ

I have created a DB structure with exact same tablespaces

tnsping ABCD works fine...

Created a User Name and Pwd (XYZ_User/ pwd) and granted all Admin permissions.

now trying import the XYZ.dmp file using impdp command as below:

set Oracle_SID=ABCD

impdp dumpfile=XYZ.dmp full=Y logfile=xyz.log

user: sys as sysdba
    pwd : **********

Database import completed with lots of errors...All tables are present but only 2 tables are showing records...For rest of the tables num_rows is (NULL).

I am not a DBA, Hence would need detailed explanations...Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by bond007; 10-22-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Database is ABCD and Production DB Schema/User name : XYZ

I have created a DB structure with exact same tablespaces

tnsping ABCD works fine...

Created a User Name and Pwd (XYZ_User/ pwd) and granted all Admin permissions.

now trying import the XYZ.dmp file using impdp command as below:

set Oracle_SID=ABCD

impdp dumpfile=XYZ.dmp full=Y logfile=xyz.log

user: sys as sysdba
    pwd : **********

Database import completed with lots of errors...All tables are present but only 2 tables are showing records...For rest of the tables num_rows is (NULL).

I am not a DBA, Hence would need detailed explanations...Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

You should post the actual errors that came up. My guess is that you are missing table spaces that your schema needs.
    You should look through your log file for table creation errors and make a list of all of the table spaces that are missing
    and add them. Also make sure that you have the TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION=REPLACE option.

Today I restarted the Oracle Service for DB ABCD... performed startup to mount the DB.

then keyed in impdp dumpfile=ABCD*****************.dmp logfile=ABCD_import.log

sys as sydba then pwd

Error occurred immediately, which says:

UDI-06550 operation generated oracle error 6550

ORA-06550 line 1 column 11

pls-00201 identifier 'sys.dbms_utility' must be declared

ORA-06550 line 1 column 11

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

==========================================

Code:
    PLS-00201: identifier 'string' must be declared 

Cause: 
    You tried to reference either an undeclared variable, exception, procedure, or other 
    item, or an item to which no privilege was granted or an item to which privilege was granted 
    only through a role.

Action: 
    1) Check your spelling and declaration of the referenced name. 
    2) Verify that the declaration for the referenced item is placed correctly in the block structure. 
    3) If the referenced item is indeed declared but you don't have privileges to refer to that item, 
    for security reasons, you will be notified only that the item is not declared. 
    4) If the referenced item is indeed declared and you believe that you have privileges to refer 
    to that item, check the privileges; if the privileges were granted only via a role, then this is 
    expected and documented behavior. Stored objects (packages, procedures, functions, triggers, 
    views) run in the security domain of the object owner with no roles enabled except PUBLIC. 
    Again, you will be notified only that the item was not declared.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hmm...Still no success with impdp for ABCD database.

Steps performed in sequence are:

1. I have received the ABCD.dmp file from DBA team..they have used expdp to export this DB.

2.Now I want a copy of ABCD DB before we archive this DB.

3.I have created a databases structure, with oracle SID= ABCD...Oracle service is running now..tns file has a valid entry.

4.then I logged in as sys as sysdba and created tablespace for ABCD schema.

5.in the same session (sys as sysdba) created ABCD_user and granted many permissions on DB objects etc.

6.Now I want to import (impdp) the ABCD.dmp into ABCD schema and want to access it via SQLDev using ABCD_user.

At this point I am confused and stuck..
    impdp dumpfile=ABCD.dmp full=Y logfile=imp_ABCD.log is not completing properly.

In Oracle 9i, we have to_user , from_user parameters for defining the schema/user names..

Do we have anything in Oracle 11g which is similar to to_user from_user and allow me to import ABCD DB from the .dmp file and access ABCD schema using ABCD_user?

Quote Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
    In Oracle 9i, we have to_user , from_user parameters for defining the schema/user names..

Do we have anything in Oracle 11g which is similar to to_user from_user and allow me to import ABCD DB from the .dmp file and access ABCD schema using ABCD_user?
    yes, REMAP_SCHEMA
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov