DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hidden rows after import

Question Hidden rows after import

I did a full import of a database with SYSTEM which has 'exempt access policy' privs.
    All the tables and rows were imported successfully. However, the owner (TTBG) of table TTBG.TBG_CRIM cannot see the data. Only SYSTEM can see the data of this table. There is a policy on this table. All the policies were also imported. Why cant owner of this table TTBG not see the data in this table ?

Two privileges are needed... EXECUTE privilege on the DBMS_RLS package AND either EXPORT_FULL_DATABASE role enabled or EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY granted .

Was the export done by DBA?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB View Post
    Two privileges are needed... EXECUTE privilege on the DBMS_RLS package AND either EXPORT_FULL_DATABASE role enabled or EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY granted .

Was the export done by DBA?

Yes the export was done by user 'ADMEXPL' which has DBA, EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY and EXPORT_FULL_DATABASE privs.

What do I need to do now ? Re-export ? then GRANT execute ON dbms_rls TO ADMEXPL ?;

Please provide the steps required. Thank you.

can you post the export script here?
    Looking for the greatest evil in the world? Look in the mirror.

exp admexpl/pr0foru@%%i full=y STATISTICS=NONE buffer=20000000 CONSISTENT=Y direct=n File=E:\ORACLE\EXPORT\DUMP\EXP_%%i_%%j.dmp log=E:\ORACLE\EXPORT\LOGS\EXP_%%i_%%j.log grants=y rows=y )