DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GI software only install

Hybrid View

GI software only install

Hi,

Is any one installed 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure "Software Only" in a standalone server then configured oracle restart manually? I am doing that to configure shadow image backp for one of my RAC sites and running into multiple issues while running roothas.pl

1. Along with 11.2.0.2 GI software only installation for standalone server, crsctl executable is installing which is leading into below error.

root@standalonenode# /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/perl/bin/perl -I/opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/perl/lib -I/opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/crs/install /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/crs/install/roothas.pl
    Using configuration parameter file: /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/crs/install/crsconfig_params
    Creating trace directory
    Failure in execution (rc=-1, 0, No such file or directory) for command 1 /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/bin/crsctl query has releaseversion
    Failure in execution (rc=-1, 0, No such file or directory) for command 1 /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/bin/crsctl query crs releaseversion
    Improper Oracle Clusterware configuration found on this host
    Deconfigure the existing cluster configuration before starting
    to configure a new Clusterware
    run '/opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/crs/install/roothas.pl -deconfig'
    to configure existing failed configuration and then rerun root.sh
    To avoid the above issue, i choose option 2 i.e clone GI binaries from RAC production site. Did existing binaries tar ball in prod, extraced into standalone server, turn off rac, clone to attach to Inventory, deconfig oracle restart then configuring oracle restart. This model is running into below issue.

Using configuration parameter file: /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/crs/install/crsconfig_params
    bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
    bash: /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/bin/ocrconfig: Permission denied
    Failed to create or upgrade OLR
    Failed to write the checkpoint:'ROOTCRS_OLR' with status:FAIL.Error code is 32256
    Failed to create or upgrade OLR at /opt/oragrid/product/11.2.0.2/grid/crs/install/crsconfig_lib.pm line 6773.
    Just before running roothas.pl i took the snap shot of permissions. I have 755 on /root/.bashrc, /etc/oracle, and $GRID_HOME. As soon as roothas.pl executed the permissions are changing anf the script failing.

I know this is kind of weired issue but any suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

Thank you all who looked into this issue.

The issue got resolved. It's a permissions issue on the below files / directories.

/root/.bashrc - must be 755
    /etc/oracle - must be 755
    $GRID_HOME - 775 initialy. after executing roothas.pl oracle will restrict and lock the home.

However, I am still clueless why 'crsctl' executable is not installing when i install GI software only for standalone server.

Regards,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.