DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: About Certification

About Certification

This may seem odd for the members in the forum..but I am a beginner ..so can u pls help with the certification path I should choose to become a DBA 10g administrator certified associate...I have to start from the scratch so if any one can tell me the path that will be really helpful.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sid.pavan View Post
    This may seem odd ... I should choose to become a DBA 10g administrator certified associate...
    No need to bother getting a 10g certification.
    10g already decommissioned.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Thank you so much for the reply....I want to have a career as a DBA so can u suggest me a certification path. I want to start with My SQL 5 exam and then which path I have to take so that I will have a good career in databases and can good job opportunities. Replies will be very helpful

well if you want a career as an oracle dba, not much point in taking my sql exams

Then where should I start and where should I go from there to get a decent job I have an engineering degree in electrical but I want to do some certifications so that I can be able to get a job in DBA.

Quote Originally Posted by sid.pavan View Post
    Then where should I start and where should I go from there to get a decent job I have an engineering degree in electrical but I want to do some certifications so that I can be able to get a job in DBA.
    The chances of getting a job as a DBA without a previous IT experience are close to none. A DBA position is most of the time the last technical position you would get after a much larger IT career starting as software developer or systems analyst. I myself started as an Assembly programmer many, many years ago.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Check out university.oracle.com for certification path.