DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Snapshot Too Old Error detected

Snapshot Too Old Error detected

My Oracle Version:11.2.0.1.0 64bit on windows 8 -64bit.This is not a high transaction database.my UNDOTB size is 4GB and retention is 15m.
    When I am exporting full database using typical exp, I get the following error.
    Snapshot Too Old Error detected: SQL ID 18rf6d6zdsny8, Snapshot SCN 0x0000.b3652a9d, Recent SCN 0x0000.b368a1cf, Undo Tablespace UNDOTBS1, Current Undo Retention 1111. I checked the SQL#18rf6d6zdsny8 is as follows.

SELECT OBJID, DOBJID, OWNER, OWNERID, NAME, TBLSPACE, SIZE$, TSNO, FILENO, BLOCKNO, PCTFREE$, PCTUSED$, INITRANS, MAXTRANS, HASHKEYS, FUNCTION, AVGCHN, DEGREE, INSTANCES, CACHE, FUNCTXT, FUNCLEN, SINGLE_TABLE, TFLAGS
    FROM SYS.EXU8CLU
    WHERE OWNERID != 0 ORDER BY OWNERID
    --------------
    When I checked,there was a blocking session from exp util.I killed that session. Shutdown immediate was not working. Then I tried shutdown abort. and restart the database.After that the exp utility was working fine.Masters, Could you please help me?

How long takes your export? Make undo_retention larger so to accomodate export elapsed time; you may have to extend UNDOTB tablespace accordingly.

Three questions...
    Was a session blocking Export or was Export blocking another session?
    Why shutdown the database?
    Why using exp on Ora10g?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Export blocking another sessions..

Is DIRECT=Y and option?

As Pablo pointed out, why not use datapump, it is quite a bit faster, especially on the export side.
    I remember when this place was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hanky View Post
    Is DIRECT=Y and option?

As Pablo pointed out, why not use datapump, it is quite a bit faster, especially on the export side.
    While it's not often when I agree with X-Mas poo...

Use data pump, it has better options and it is faster. being able to create a compressed export file is reason enough, but there is a lot more than that.