:20:abc
    :10:bbc,
    ccc,
    :30:bba

I need to load the above data in to table like below,

10 20 30
    --- --- ---
    bbcccc,999 abc bba

10, 20, 30 are the columns in the table.

Please help me to create a control file for this.

Thanks
    Vinoth

Logic is not clear to me but assuming is something like building rows taking specific columns from different text file lines I would suggest to define the text file as an "external table" then write a query that does what is needed.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

If you feel adventurous you can use some combination of the following to merge the line back into a delimited format: sed, awk, cut, grep.

Where I was working before I wrote some SQL to reformat the outout of openLDAP used to store connect strings into a colon delimited format. It worked but it was damn ugly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB View Post
    Logic is not clear to me but assuming is something like building rows taking specific columns from different text file lines I would suggest to define the text file as an "external table" then write a query that does what is needed.
    PAVB your right, make it a external table it should come out the best

Quote Originally Posted by shanevic7 View Post
    PAVB your right, make it a external table it should come out the best
    Just wanted to thank you again, this suggestion for the external table has made it a lot more simpler for me and saves time.

Quote Originally Posted by shanevic7 View Post
    Just wanted to thank you again, this suggestion for the external table has made it a lot more simpler for me and saves time.
    Glad to help.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.