DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Not logging in to sql+

Unhappy Not logging in to sql+

Hi this is durgaprasad trainee in a company,as that i installed oracle software at the time of installation i unlocked scott,after completion of installation it asking username,password and host string,i entered scott as username and tiger as password and host string i didnt give anything.its not logging, th roughing error tnsrotocol adapter error.what i have to do?is there any way?plz suggest .
    Thank you

Your environment is not setup correctly. Is this Windows, Linux, Unix, MS DOS 5.0? It would help to know what you are dealing with. You should probably look up how to create a listener for your OS, learn how to setup the environment variables for you OS. You will need environment variables for ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, add $ORACLE_HOME/bin or %ORACLE_HOME%\bin to your PATH statement and finally ORACLE_SID. If you are using Linux/Unix there should be an oraenv script in /usr/local/bin, hence:

. oraenv
    db name

Keep looking you will get the answer.

Hi,

Set proper Oracle Home, PATH and Oracle SID variables. If you are on Windows then check service of Oracle database needs to be started.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Gitesh Trivedi
    Dbametrix Solutions
    Database DBA support