DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I got CRS-4402 error when I run root.sh

I got CRS-4402 error when I run root.sh

Hi all,

I am installing Grid Infrastructure in my new environment, and I have a problem when I run root.sh.
    In the first node, root.sh was OK, but I got a CRS-4402 error in the anothers two nodes:

"...CRS-4402: The CSS daemon was started in exclusive mode but found an active CSS daemon on node
    brloulsrac01, number 1, and is terminating
    An active cluster was found during exclusive startup, restarting to join the cluster..."

Please, can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Leonardo.

Let me quote Oracle documentation:

Oracle Error :: CRS-01636
    The CSS daemon was started in exclusive mode but found an active CSS daemon on node string and is terminating; details at string in string

Cause
    The CSS daemon was started in exclusive mode, which requires that the clusterware stack is down on all other nodes to ensure data integrity. A CSS daemon was detected on another node, so the CSS daemon on this node is terminating.

Action
    Stop the Oracle clusterware stack that is running on the indicated node.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanks for your replay Paul.

It is curious, the description for CRS-01636 is the same of CRS-4402.

But, in my case I can't stop Oracle clusterware stack in the indicated node, because it is a first node (brloulsrac01), also I am installing GI, and root.sh was OK on brloulsrac01 node, my problem is when I run root.sh in the anothers two nodes (brloulsrac02 and brloulsrac03).

Please, let me know what should do I do?
    Thanks.

I would check Metalink Note 1053970.1, Troubleshooting 11.2 Grid Infrastructure root.sh Issues - troubleshooting procedure may get quite long depending on what you find out on each step of it therefore not a good fit for a forum's thread.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanks for your replay Paul.

I disabled Jumbo Frames (MTU from 9000 to 1500) and root.sh passed on the nodes 2 and 3, it is OK now!!!!

[root@brloulsrac01 ~]# [$GRID_HOME]/bin/crsctl stop crs -f

[root@brloulsrac01 ~]# ifconfig eth3 mtu 1500
    [root@brloulsrac02 ~]# ifconfig eth3 mtu 1500
    [root@brloulsrac02 ~]# ifconfig eth3 mtu 1500

[root@brloulsrac01 ~]# [$GRID_HOME]/bin/crsctl start crs

I ran root.sh on node 2 and 3.

I will talk with Network team about Jumbo Frames, I think it is disable on Switch/VLAN.

Thanks for your help.