DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rman scripts

Question rman scripts

Hi, We have been doing hot backups (begin/end) and would like to start using RMAN. I looked at the OTN dcs and found them not too usefull. Not that many good examples. Do you know of a website that has many sample rman scripts (Linux) and documentation guides that I can use and reference ? Thank you.

Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

how about google? It has hundreds of ready made scripts available for Linux. You just need to tailer them little bit to fit into your environment.

Regards,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pascal01 View Post
    Hi, We have been doing hot backups (begin/end) and would like to start using RMAN. I looked at the OTN dcs and found them not too usefull. Not that many good examples. Do you know of a website that has many sample rman scripts (Linux) and documentation guides that I can use and reference ? Thank you.
    The rman scripts in the manuals and OTN documents seem simple and they are (as should be).

The trick with rman is to set up a "good" configuration and then your scripts become as easy as one (or a few) lines of code, just as in the manuals and OTN examples.

Good luck!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb